Need a wedding speech?

Tuesday 23 February 2010

How Creating Photo Books Brought My Old Snaps To Life

It was only until I brought myself a digital camera that photo books became any use to me, I had managed to fill my computer with masses of snaps and shots from my camera, but they weren't being printed. After having a scare with my computer crashing, I realised that potentially I could loose all of my precious memories in one cruel swoop if I wasn't careful. It was then I realised I needed to something with my images and looked into the idea of creating some photo books.

So my next task was to sort through the images on my computer to help decide which ones I was going to potentially use in my photo books. As I had many images I was worried it might be a rather daunting task, but the easiest method I found was to choose themes for my photo books. I chose a selection from different themes, such as holidays, the family and nights out with my friends. Although this task was quite time consuming it was fun looking through my pictures and reminiscing through times in my life. I even ended up scanning in some old photos from high school and of my parents.

Once I had all of my chosen images sorted into folders I realised that some of these would make wonderful gifts for friends and family. I picked out some amazing family shots that we had and added scanned photos of my parents into the final selection. These photo books would end up being a perfect gift for my family as it had several generations all in one file. Uploading my photos was easy too, the website I chose offered free software that I could download to start creating my photo books.

Lastly came the fun bit, I got to start making my books! There were loads of different editing options, so now I have about five different books all with black and white images, some sepia and bright coloured ones. All photo books can be edited with text too so I was able to date and add comments about some of the special photos, it really brought life to my whole photo collection. After I had chosen my photo books I put in the order which was simple and now I am the proud owner of several books. All of them look incredibly professional for a digital photo album and they have pride of place on my living room coffee table. So instead of being hidden away on my computer all of my wonderful photos have had a new lease of life printed and bound.
Author Resource:- Dominic Donaldson is an expert in photography.
Find out more about Photo Books and how the services available can help with creating imaginative photo gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment